- Some of us will always be night people-that is why Starbucks stays in business.
- People are crazed and dangerous when there is coffee involved. In fact even during road construction they will take out barricades, speed over parking spots and generally circle like vultures until they find the entrance. It is no wonder that the Starbucks symbol is a Siren.
- Straightening shampoo has a very odd effect on curly hair...especially when you never actually straighten it.
- Old people are much smarter then you may think. I ordered a cake for my personal banker at work from a lady who was probably in her late 70's. Other then the fact that she had to ask me a couple times what color I wanted the frosting she did it correctly. I then had to pick the cake up the next morning only to find out that the frosting color had changed from pink to blue because someone must have assumed Chris was a boy and that she did it wrong.
- Ferrets when lost and then found (this is not a spiritual term) are liked crazed animals. One of mine seems to get lost several times a year and when I do find her she acts crazy, and drunk.
- Pale is the new tan! OK so it is not really but I am still hopeful.
- Just because your the Spirit champ does not mean you have spirit. (Also not a spiritual term)
- Blond dye does not make you a blond though it does dry out your hair and may cause some loss of brain cells.
- Corporate credit cards are fun especially when you are allowed to shop without spending money that is yours.
- Your sheets don't have to match anything in your room such as your curtains, blanket, etc...(well maybe it does but mine don't)
- Dancing is a sport. (That is not a joke so don't smile)
- Girls are like roller coasters...OK so maybe not but it often feels like it. But then again that is just me relying on my feelings.
- Apparently guys are like waffles...they are square.
- Purses seem at times like carry on luggage though in an emergency I don't want to be left stranded with gum, lip gloss, and mascara.
- Tattoos last longer then most relationships.
- I can't spell. And sometimes even if I know how I prefer to spell words my way because they look better. I actually just learned blonde is spelled without an e but I don't like to spell it that way.
I Cor 9:24-27 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it. Every athlete exercises self-control in all things. They do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. So I do not run aimlessly; I do not box as one beating the air. But I discipline my body and keep it under control, [fn] lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Seriously...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
haha...you crack me up...and I think that blonde or blond can be spelled both ways, like what I just did. I never heard about losing your farret. Which one?
Um, I beg to differ about the blonde. ;)
And girls are not always rollercoasters.... although that isn't a bad description of the gender IN GENERAL.
And old people have had lots of time to become smart... so no wonder!!!
And Starbucks is my life blood.
And I've never used straightening shampoo, because my hair couldn't get much STRAIGHTER.
Dancing IS a sport. Which explains why I'm bad at it.
My purse IS carry-on luggage. I swear it weighs as much as me. If I carry it much longer I will be a STRAPPING young lady.
AND HEATHER YOU ARE AWESOME... JUST HOW YOU ARE. DON'T CHANGE (especially the big you-know-what!) I love you. (And read my comment to you on my blog... ready... go!)
Starbucks..."Keeping college students alive since ______!" Shouldn't that be their motto? Oh ya, about the barricades and stuff, we have WAY too much construction going on here.
Heather, I love your blogs. They are great way to escape work and read about your life, laugh, etc.
i have to say this though, I am amazed at how many old people (adults over the age of 30) come to Starbucks before 9am. It sickens me. Really, it does. And they're big spenders ...
"ummm, I NEED a venti coffee, two Venti Mocha Frappucinos, a Pumpkin Spice Latte, oh yea, and I NEED four plain bagles with cream cheese, a blueberry muffin, a pumpkin scone, this CD, one of your new mugs, and three Starbucks giftcards with 50 bucks on each of 'em."
=)
Heather knows there are customers like this =)
One thing cool about a few of those little lessons is that I might be the only one to understand the "bank" ones. Hope you're still enjoying the bofa.
Heather???!!! Where in the world are you??? I mean 5 days is an eternity. Really. (See, I hold you to a different standard than I do myself.) :)
Post a Comment