Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Back from Rocky Point

Thank you guys so much for your prayers. This weekend was so great and I am so excited to go again hopefully next month. I really appreciated your lovely phone messages and thanks for the strenth and encouragement you have provided.

We left Friday night for Rocky Point and I jumped in the car with Derek and Michelle. It was such a crazy ride as we delt with many funny issues from Burt running out of gas to Michelle getting pulled over for speeding to my luggage falling off the roof. Neverless, we made it safe and soud after midnight. I had never been to Rocky Point and let me just tell you this was the most beautiful mission trip I had ever been on. I wondered outside to the patio and crashed under the stars...or should I say froze under the stars. I don't think I slept more then an hour because I had not really packed well and had brought my summer sleeping bag.

As the sun rose I saw the ocean and spent some time with the Lord. We soon began our day with breakfast and off to our designated spots. Some of us went to work on one of two buildings and the rest were going to give out food and clothing. We build our house and found out the next day at the dedication it was actually going to be a school for some handicapped children. It was so great as we handed off the key after one day of nailing and painting (well, at least that is what I did).

The trip was incredible as I tried to chat and share the gospel in Spanish...I know I don't really know the language but I knew more then the few I tagged along with. God really used this trip to renew my joy and excite me. I spent some awesome time with Derek and Michelle and am more excited about missions then before. In fact I have two new mission buddies. But rather then bore you with any more details and a poorly written blog I will just show you some of the trip.














2 comments:

The Paasch-inator said...

Great pictures, Heather dear. I'm glad it was fun... I hope somebody down there understood what you were saying to them. ;) Ha! You know I love you. Praise the Lord for missions, aye?

Jonathan Roberts said...

Wow. That must have been a great quite time by the ocean. Sounds like you had some interesting adventures in Mexico while making His name great among the nations!

God bless!

(I think I've seen your blog's layout change about 6 times in the past month) ;)