Every Wednesday I run the photo lab at school for about three hours. This time is often difficult for me to sit through as I always open my Starbucks on Wednesday so by four or five Pm. I am usually a bit groggy. I volunteered here in order that I would be able to use the lab. What I did not plan was how to fit my own personal photo time into my schedule and so I have done nothing but work the lab since January.
The first couple weeks I did not know what to do with the time as I am planted for three hours. Most of the people are in the darkroom developing their film. This leaves me as room D.J., occational question answerer and a person struggling to stay awake at times. Then, one of my friends John decided he would give me his computer password so that explains many of my blogs being typed on Wednesdays or at least drafted. Think what you would do for three hours primarily in one spot like a teacher. I try at times at a quit time but am so often interrupted. I try to make a point to share if I can and this happens now and again. Mostly, I think. If you were only in my head...it goes and goes.
Sometimes there are fun people to meet and chat with. Other times there are a couple guys that make me extremely uncomfortable so I ask John to stay or call Ben. I have to run the show for three hours making and enforcing rules, playing around and finding ways to amuse myself. I am extremely tired as Wednesday are often my longest days leaving the house at four am to return at about 1 am. Yep, I am in desperate need of sleep I just havn't quit figured out where to pencil it in my schedule. Today though, I get a nap after lab. At least I think.
So today's random blog is just that, random. I am winding down to about the last hour and am currently thinking about make-up and hair. This may seem strange to you but I never get ready...well, almost never. No one at school see's me ready at least and that is good since I try desperately to ignore all but two or three of the guys in the lab. Still working on this-the being nice thing. The girls are cool though. So I happened to pass a mirror and suddenly realized I had on makeup and my hair rather then in it's totally messy knot was longer and straight. Basically, I had come straight from an interview to the Paasch's to here. Simple enough right?
Well, it led me to think about make-up and hair and how we are expected to wear in in order to be beautiful. Well, I don't like wearing it most of the time. I like how it looks, but I don't like it enough to motivate me to do it often. I feel that putting on make-up ( 5-10 minutes) and blowdrying my hair (a 25-40 minutes) can be such a waste of time. Besides, I know too many girls who get so caught up in that they simply can not do with out it. Umm....that is not me. No way and no thank you. I am simply responsible for being clean (most of the time) ") Besides I do not get enough sleep as it is no use in loosing more!
Makeup is so funny and such a necessity to most girls. I know it is to make yourself "feel good" or to look good. But then you must ask who your trying to look good for. Many women will say for themselves but then that becomes pride. (In my opinion) Or if they are getting ready for people well isn't that pride as well? It's all about what others think right? Don't get me wrong I wear it when I want to get dressed up every once and awhile. Or, if I have someone to get ready for. But any other time I don't personally see a point. It is much different if there is a specific person who you do it for who likes you "made up." I literally straighten my hair like two two three times a month. Do people like it? Usually. Do I care? Not as much as they would like to think. Maybe it all comes down to laziness? I don't really know but anyways enough about make-up and the photo lab. I get to shut it down now.
This is a whole other topic for a different time and place. I am going to leave so I can wash this stuff off my face, get in my P.J.s and take a good three hour nap. Love ya all.
4 comments:
Hope you enjoyed your nap. Tell you what, I'm just glad that I don't ever have to worry about wearing makeup. Though it can look very nice (on girls), it is important that girls are not defined by this. . . but by who they are as children of God.
Wow...why did you delete your very long post? It was good! After typing that much, my fingers would be too numb and my eyes would be too tired to find the delete button and push it.
-Coie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/frogiggie89
Hey um... didn't I just leave a really long comment on a blog that no longer exists... oh, maybe it was just a hallucination of my own... or I could be right (!)...
;) Love you girl. I'm so mean...
~ ME!
I love you guys so very much. Yes, a blog did exist but don't worry because pushing delete does not delete it from memory. Thanks Coie for the email you sent, very glad you enjoyed it. And as I have eplained now to everyone...there was a wisdom issue involved in the delete. Think of it this way, though I don't actually mind there were three guys involved. Ummm....lets just say there was a lot of information going on in the blog. Maybe too much for some. Don't worry though. I can't help but blog about them.
Post a Comment