Matt Redman - You Never Let Go
From the album Passion 06: Everything Glorious
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death
Your perfect love is casting out fear
And even when I’m caught in the middle of the storms of this life
I won’t turn back
I know You are near
And I will fear no evil
For my God is with me
And if my God is with me
Whom then shall I fear?
Whom then shall I fear?
Chorus:
Oh no, You never let go
Through the calm and through the storm
Oh no, You never let go
In every high and every low
Oh no, You never let go
Lord, You never let go of me
And I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
A glorious light beyond all compare
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
We’ll live to know You here on the earth
Chorus:
Yes, I can see a light that is coming for the heart that holds on
And there will be an end to these troubles
But until that day comes
Still I will praise You, still I will praise You
Chorus: (2x’s)
I know if you have never heard a song it is very difficult to read. Think of it as a psalm, or poem, or something to read. I love this song especially as it is such a remider that God is always there through everything. There are so many times I need the reality of that. It is very easy to forget that He holds on tightly and is the author of your story.
Last Sunday night we got onto a discussion about something terrible that happened to some friends of a friend. Then we discussed what can happen in the lives of believers and how we need to cling to Christ. I just was reminded that it is He who clings to us though that was not specifically brought up. The thing that was brought to my attention was the need to read scripture for a bit of reality. One of the guys had brought up this point and I know it is true though as a girl I have only a certain grasp of reality.
So, now I am trying to memorize certain parts of scripture beginging with Ephesians 5. We shall see how this goes but I would really love to cling to God rather then ever think that chance, or fate, or one wrong word or month can redirect His plans. I need to be reminded of reality rather then emotions and need to always keep both that and my motives in check.
1 comment:
Hey there love... I'm glad you posted that song. I've never heard it before, but the words are so good. I love you very much... He is so faithful. Don't ever forget it. I love you very much. ;)
Post a Comment