So I know this will be a switch for me but I have some bullet points for you. Kristie, you will love this because I don't even have to summarize. ( I promise to add the summary at the end for you, or at least to try on my other blogs from now on....well, I will try. I like details in case you have not noticed : )
I was going through an old journal of mine this morning during my quiet time and ran across a few bullet points. I can't remember the speaker so they do not get credit unfortunately but what they had to say was very rich in advice. I believe the title at the time was how to find a mate....I am actually going to change it to principles we should live by. The part in parenthesis will be the entire point in it's original form though I think they are things we should live by regardless not only to pursue a mate, but rather to pursue Christ. So here is the edited version with actual in parenthesis.
1. Develop a spiritual attraction in your life
2. Be radical about purity
3. If your involved with a non-potential God honoring relationship-GET OUT
4. Make edification your goal (in dating)
5. Pray daily for your future (spouse)
6. Find respected councilors to validate (your choice)
7. Set up a standard (for your spouse) that is high enough to protect your future.
So I know that was really short but I thought those were great points and encouraged me to live through all relationships and life like this.
4 comments:
Thanks Heather! That was great. Not quite as fomidible as your typical 12 paragraph entries. Could those points have been from Tyler in the "Mate Market" series a few years back?
Hmmmm....not really sure. I found it lodged inbetween a journal entry and a daily study. There was no date but the journal and study were dated back two years I think.....glad you liked it. ")
Hey Heather!
Those are some HUGE points. Dating (and ALL that it encompasses) can be indeed frustrating. But a relationship striving toward the end of giving God all the glory is always worth all the effort you put into it! It's encouraging to see your desire to honor God in all that you do.
Oh, and good luck on the all-too-important part of finding a guy. ;)
Good points
Post a Comment