Monday, August 28, 2006

Prayer

Many of us believe in the power of prayer and the words uttered before the Lord. I love knowing how often and how easy it is to approach is throne and yet sometimes that becomes something I take great advantage of. How often do I really pray? How often do I feel the true weight of sin and confess it? How often do I run flippantly to the throne without first acknowledging God for who He is and what He sent His Son to live and to die for?

I can quickly tell a shift in my attitude when I have not been in the word or prayer for a couple, a few, or even a longer amount of days. My attitude becomes snotty, my frustration is short, my responses become much quicker and of a more selfish nature. I know how important prayer is and that communion time I just don't always take it. I think about other things too much, and suddenly something else begins to captivate me more then my Savior. I realize how stupid this is and how easily it is for us to get there as the entire world is full of distractions demanding our attentions.

There have been many times in life I have been extremely convicted on not spending enough time in prayer. On my mission trips it seems so easy and when I make a set time and place for it. It is when I am lacking this that it becomes so difficult. Then I first can forget to pray for things I said that I would pray for, I forget to ask God first for His guidance in situations, and I forget to converse with my loving Father. How often would I forget to talk with someone that I saw everyday here on earth? Someone who was with me always and everywhere and through everything? For those of you who know me that would never happen as my words are not few and far between. I just wish it was not so easy to do with God.

When I loose contact even for a couple days with people I care about here it upsets me quit a bit. I long to see them or sit and talk with them and hear and tell and just spend time with them. How much more do I need that with the Lord and how often I fail. So, that will be my plan for the next couple weeks as there have been some heavy convictions as of late. I don't want to ignore those convictions and I know when I follow Him it changes things entirely. So, always a work in progress....

Any prayer request? I had thought of this before as I used to send out a text on Friday nights asking for prayer request. Now one of my friends keeps it up but she does it on Sunday nights.

No comments: