This week has been amazing and though this is not an all together deep discussion there are some things I am really excited about. First off I have the opportunity to go this weekend to Mexico with my friend Derek's church. I did not even know it was an option for me until Saturday but I am ecstatic to go. I absolutely love the church that I currently attend and have no desire currently to change. However, one of the things I love about Derek's church is they are a Bible church but one that flows much different then ours. The one I attend is very organized and structured and at times this can make it difficult to bend. I love that about it because I myself often need the structure.
With that said I myself am an artsy person who loves change and is more lax. (Is that a word?) What I am looking forward too is the bit of change in a more relaxing way. Let me give you an example. I did not know I could go this trip until tonight and was able to call and just tell them I would be there Friday at 6pm for departure. This goes well with my mind frame as I can spend time planning details filling out papers, applications and fundraising, but I can also just go. This is so exciting as I have such a passion to pursue ministry opportunities everywhere and with different tribes and people. The other great thing is I get along well with knew people and can not wait to hang out and do ministry alongside of one old friend while meeting about 60 or 70 new ones. We are going to build houses, meet people and spend time with the children, bring food and do many other ministry activities. They are just more lay ed back and so I am excited to spend a weekend serving my God alongside His people.
Prayer would be greatly appreciated as I am leaving work a bit early to head out toward P.V. where we will be departing at about 6 P.M. Plus, I am leaving the country with no passport or birth certificate. (Though you could never accidental mistake me for a native) Please pray for us as I want so much to serve with a pure heart and to go out of my way to show God's light. (Especially since I am forgetting more and more Spanish every day) This, is another thing I so desperately want to pursue and plan to take part in our Spanish church ministry on Sundays soon. SOooooooooooooooo excited...yep!
2 comments:
Hey Heather!
Maybe we'll run into you in Mexico...
wouldn't that be weird...
Boobie be safe and call me when you get home, I am so glad you get to go. Have fun and again be safe...Love you :)
Post a Comment