Friday, April 06, 2007

When guys are hot!

Cute, hot, extremely attractive. Few words to describe the things we are drawn to. Interestingly enough the older you get the more you learn about these words and what they mean. It seems funny how each one of us is uniquely wired to enjoy different things and to be such interesting characters. Lately, more then ever I have seen more of what these words mean to me not just in the world.




It's funny because I actually woke up a little irritated about something this morning involving this issue. Irritated because even the church I attend I often feel as though it can be a fashion show where I must dress to impress….but wait, who am I trying to impress? I have heard news of some guys interested in certain girls I know well. This irritated me as well as they do not know one thing about these girls except what they can see with their eyes. Even the guys who may choose to pursue me are not the guys I really consider my friends and so I look away uninterested. What is church becoming? Who wants a place where to be chosen by someone of the opposite sex you must first learn to be adored on a worldly level. The whole idea of attraction has become about the level of adoration and attention you draw by how you dress, your many talents, how you wear your hair, your make-up, and even who your parents or friends are. I am simply uninterested.




What do I think makes someone hot? It seriously is beyond this. When I say someone is hot it goes beyond the fact they may be attractive. There are many of my guy friends who are very attractive but that does not merit my attention by any means. The things that completely draw me in are the guys with godly qualities and hearts that run my direction. Now, I am not saying at anytime that anyone should date someone who is not attractive to them but is very godly. I feel we should totally be attracted to someone otherwise it could lead for a very boring relationship. However, I feel sometimes the standards we hold are crazy and I am unwilling to play the game. I do want to spend that extra effort pursuing my true love, my God and Savior Jesus Christ.




I think hotness is totally a measure of some chemistry brought on by a serious love and passion for God. Some of the things that are the most attractive are guys who I can see their heart for the Lord and I get it. I love seeing guys passionate for the gospel, broken over their sin, guys who are learning to lead while letting God be their lead. Those are totally beautiful. It is so hot when guys are genuine and they communicate with you in a manner that matches you. When you see someone who loves sharing God's word in missions or just because he is so passionate about it…totally attractive. When they can be humble and gentle with you. All of these of course are a process in everyone's life and we as women go through the refining process as well. No one by any means should feel they have to be perfect because only God fits that standard!




Then of course we all have the characteristics we love and people we just have amazing chemistry with. These are also going to be unique for all of us as well. I am a sucker for dark hair, light eyes, guitar players, guys who are passionate, guys who make me laugh and are fun to be with, guys who are more laid back then me, guys who are not great dancers but are fun to dance with, guys who love the Lord and those who are going the same way as me. Guys who love me for my unique qualities and guys who love them and don't expect me to be someone else. I love guys I just match well. There are many guys in this world who will look as though they are going that way but I am going to wait for the one that God has for me. And, I absolutely am willing to wait weather God is just working on me or if it is him that he is preparing. God is here now and for always but a hot guy….totally worth the wait!

No comments: