Today was an awesome rainy day. Thank you Lord for the blessing of rain and clouds and cool air. There was nothing better today then snuggling with my stuffed animal, my pillows, my blanket and listening to the storm. What an amazing day! God has really been putting some things on my heart lately and I am really excited about them. I have come down to the conclusion I had strayed just a tad to the left or right of the path. If we look directly toward the Marvelous light which is God we will not be able to see anything else. (sing the song to yourself if you want) If we turn our head just a little it becomes part of our periferal vision.
I have been thinking about ministry lately and those I am involved in. I have come to the conclusion I am far too content thinking about ministry then doing it. This was an awesome week for me full of thought and prayer. Even now I am just speaking from excitment because God has reminded me I need to be looking ahead and "kingdom" focused. In our life group this week Kristie handed us each a glow in the dark star. This I glued into my wallet as a reminder daily that if something sees light, it will absorb it and shine in the night. What a great encouragement and example of how we should be. Salt and light my friend, salt and light.
Well, I have decided to be PURPOSEFUL in sharing. I already share when I can but have really been convicted that it is not close to enough. So, I am going to get out there more and be more willing to give my time to something worthwhile. Basically I have been given opportunities and rather then use the time I have in them completely selfishly I want to make it more for ministry. It is easy to "share" but I really want it to be much more PURPOSFUL in my life. So this last week I had decided to try this. I am taking baby steps, but weighing the value of each one. And guess what? I have had such an awesome time doing it. Isn't it great we get so much joy from serving the Lord and sharing Him.
Also, it was such a great reminder of the importance of prayer. If we believe in the power of prayer I wonder why we don't pray more? Really I want to be in prayer and not only dependant, but extremely EXPECTANT that God will move. The way to do this is to stay on our knees before our King. So, has it been just another week? Yes, but an awesome one. Glory be to our God, for He alone is worthy!
Good Night. I really need some sleep....good thing for you, because this will be really short.
Because of Christ,
Heather
1 comment:
YAY! Purpose... go Heather. I love you girl. We should do it together!
Post a Comment