Friday, March 24, 2006

It's all Perspective and Patience

Boys and girls are destined to never really understand each other but the situations we get into because of this can be quite painful. I sit tonight and talk with the girls. As is the case with all humans we seem to discuss the opposite sex and how interesting they are. We laugh a bit and discuss our current interest and giggle about how funny we are. But what then of our hearts? Quite guarded though sometimes we slip.

It is aweful how much girls read into things and by this I mean everything. So at times guarding our hearts and emotions becomes impossible for we are so easily drawn in. I thought about this last night during some coversation we had. We discussed current situations, standards, dating, and of course three guys. It came to my mind while re-enacting certain moments and speeches how much our hearts long to love and be loved. Girls are willing to allow ourselves to be sucked in even if it is not the intention of the guy. It can be such a difficult situation. How do you stay uninterested in someone is something I have not yet mastered. As a matter of fact I did not tell the girls until last night who I was interested in as to pretend I wasn't. Amy was so funny as she said she thought I had stopped being a girl. It had been awhile since talking about a guy and even though she had actually figured it out already (smarty) I totally denied it on more then one occasion. (I sort of lied...very, very, bad I know and I asked forgiveness for it.)

I used to believe guys needed to be more careful and blamed some of them for their actions though I forgot to blame my responses even more. God has taught me a ton about waiting on Him. This doesn't leave me left out, but just a lot less frustrated with the circumstances. Am I careful? Like no other. It is only too easy to want to read into things and convince other girls the guy we like also likes us in return. I watch this as more then one girl often likes the same guy. The same situation from an outsider like me and then the two stories they tell are heartbreaking. It is so sad that girls are the way we are. I wonder at the guys perspective because I know the girls.

Then there are the vibes I think I send off that apparently are not as I expect. A guy I dislike I think I am making it completely evident to. I keep finding I am wrong by them calling or saying they will take their "lunch" with me. Really, come on. So then I just have to not be so fun and nice for a bit until they realize the reality of the situation. I am not playing hard to get, I am not playing at all. I have my fun little list of standards and few guys actually cut it. I don't think you can be too picky when it comes to finding a godly leader. So then the guys I am interested in...I just wait. Sometimes I play it way too "cool," but that is one way I guard my heart. This is just a lesson it took me years to learn but a wise one. (I think) That way I leave it to him to decide not based on my great acting skills and means of impressing.

Therefore the three amiga's have decided upon keeping each other seriously accountable. Even if that means not talking about the guys at all. However, we will give each other the looks that tell a conversation and giggle about it later. Just another chapter in our lives and another moment in time. Besides we are constantly reminded by the mom and the dad that the guy will persue and have to go through them. Very encouraging. And even better that leaves it up to God as we have no roll to play except to focus on our relationship with HIM. Besides, I don't want to have to convice a guy he likes me by flirting and means of trying to impress. He either will or he won't and that is where God and the parents come in. Until then, we will continue to enjoy our lives and just breath.

So is this a blog about guys...not exactly. It all comes down to the fall of man and how skewed our perspectives are. Talk about seeing your sin come out. What your response in relationships or pre-relationships. God can bring so many of your issues up and these become evident to those around you. But anyways....there are other things to speak of.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Amy and Hannah I love you>

Brent Klontz said...

Wow, girls have it pretty rough in my opinion. I was talking to someone the other night about relationships, and we were discussing how hard it can be for a girl to have patience in waiting for a guy to pursue them. However, I think it is important for girls to know that they shouldn't let their hearts get infatuated with a guy until the guy pursues her. Trust me, if a guy is interested, he will pursue . . . regardless of whether he thinks the girl is interested or not. Besides, don't girls like to be pursued and sought out by a worthy man?

I know at least for me, when God puts it on my heart to pursue a girl, she will know!

Heather said...

Brent,
I think that is just you...Ok not always (and that is a good thing not bad). But I remember a conversation with a guy in Feb. who insisted girls should "throw the guys" a bone. That's where I decided we did not agree on one of many things. And yes, most of us like to be pursued however many girls have been taught quit the contrary and so when they feel the urge they go for it. As a matter of fact I know Christian girls who are constantly irritated by how I think about relationships and always tell me I have to do something when I like a guy. Oh how we agree to disagree.