Friday, March 03, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

I know I posted yesterday and so sorry for anyone who actually reads all of these (Brent-you can skip some). I have been off for two days now and so I have lots more time to think and accomplish stuf so I can't promise there won't be yet another blog tommorow. This one will be much shorter....I swear.

So tonight I am in the best mood possible and it is simply because of a movie. It is crazy how movies can stir our emotions...I love it. My sister and I were out and about for her birthday tonight and decided to see a movie. She called me ahead and decided she wanted to see Pride and Prejudice and since I had not seen it yet I agreed. I absolutely decided this is my all time favorite movie. I adore any of these "old fashioned" romance movies. Before this my favorite was Little Women but this one tops it for me.

Why am I in such a great mood? Because I love characters like Lizzy. Growing up I was a bit of a tomboy and still am to some extent. Also I tend to be very strong and oppinionated. It seems I relate much more to characters in these type of movies like Lizzy and Joe(Little Women) and so get extremely fired up by movies like this. I guess it just makes me like my strong-minded, stuborn, tomboy ways because often women are portrayed in most movies as very different. I don't usually relate to them. I love the girls who don't care what they look like and are not afraid of men or sharing their oppinions. The ones who ask the questions, make assumtions, have way too much fun, walk barefoot in the rain, look people in the eye and don't always fit into the "typical", are sometimes a little to upfront, honest and loud. I guess it reminds me once again we are all made very unique.

My family only laughs because I try to convince them there is hope for me to get married. They think I am too spirited and picky when it comes to men. They can not stand that I am not dating and never have and are always upset with my decisions on who I rufuse to date. I like to tell them I am waiting on the Lord but I think they just assume I will be the "old spinster" type. They want me to flirt and dress to impress and I just laugh right back at them. I like to point out that it is possible (at least in Hollywood). If only it were like Hollywood. How many guys pursue like Darci? Hmmm....

So in the meantime I will just add this to my list of all time best movies ever. This will make it to my shelf quickly. And for the rest of you...this movie may not do it for you but you know there are ones that do. That is something I love about Hollywood. The ability to excite and stirr us up, to make us nervous or frightened, to make us feel suspense or pain, to make us want to fall in love, to make us cry, to laugh, to feel bold or (I don't know a lot of guy emotions but I know you have them). That my friends is a great thing.

3 comments:

Brent Klontz said...

"And how are you tonight, Mrs Darci . . .Mrs Darci . . .Mrs Darci . . . Mrs Darci. . . (what a good way to end the movie:)"

You would have never guessed it, but I actually watched that movie tonight with my family and I absolutely loved it. It was that last scene that just makes single people like me look forward to sweeping a girl off her feet one day. I felt like such a pile of moosh as I watched that romantic movie. It was fun though.

Well sister, keep holding to those standards and I am sure God will bless you for your patience; however, if you do end up getting to age 27, don't even think about settling for a Mr. Collins . . . yuck!

The Paasch-inator said...

Alright you guys. Spell DarcY right!!!! It's D-A-R-C-Y. I ought to know... I've only read the book about half a gazillion times. Brently - I LOVE that last scene, and am quite pleased to hear that a BOY shares my opinion. I'm an absolute wreck after every time I watch that movie (yes, there have been several times already!!! *guilty smile*) - it's great.

Heather, my friend... let's both wait around for Mr. Darcy. There's two of them out there somewhere!!!!! ;)

Oh, the joys of pride and prejudice.

Coie Watson said...

*grin* P&P is GREAT! I've watched it three times now. ;)

I found your blog while surfing other people's links and I'm really enjoying it!

Coie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/frogiggie89