Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Crazy Madness.

Time is short yet so valuable. You realize the busier you get you have to begin to make choices and give up somethings for others. I was busy before, but until about the end of June, or beginning of July my schedule is crazy. Even this blog is being timed right now as it is cutting into my homework time. It is times like these I realize that before I pass up time with the Lord I must remember I can't possibly do anything without Him. (or at least anything worthwhile)( I can get in plenty of trouble on my own)

Just in the last few days I started a new job, had the first Caborca meeting, turned a quarter of a century and maintained my eight days ahead of schedule in my Spanish class. The weekend was fun and it seems I learned a few things.

1. Everyone seems to think I am about 19....I hope it is because I look young and not act that way : ?

2. No matter how good of a mood and how great the song is that comes on you should never ever dance around your room in nylons (especially with a really old wooden floor)

3. Seventeen year old drivers scare me too death....I will be driving the rest of this week when we go out for lunch

4. Stiletto heals are made to look pretty not to actually wear (at least for eight hours)

5. Height can be attained by stiletto heals though after hour six or seven you don't mind only being 5'1". Besides you are naturally shorter at the end of the day anyway...gravity.

6. Chai tea is amazing (in case you didn't know)

7. When you sleep on average six to eight hours a night you tend to dream

8. When you "shadow" at work your sole purpose is to stand there and look pretty (or so that is what they told me) (or maybe I told them)

9. My only phone conversations take place during traffic to and from. (this means I may not go over my minutes this month)

10. When I try to spell I can even fool spell check

12. Make sure you have 5 minutes everytime you need to use rest room as it takes forever to relayer (two shirts to tuck in, pants, nylons, etc.)

13. If you do need to prove your age...pull out your drivers liscense (when entire class does not believe your above 20 or 21) Then laugh at them for looking old : )

14. When you get tired at night do not try to socialize any longer...you never know what will come out of your mouth...or how it may be taken.

15. If you decide to dance on wooden floor even though you know it is not wise and you happen to have a wooden chest with poky things....runs will occur

16. When runs do occur know where your clear nail polish is because blue does not look very attractive when painted through nylons onto your pale flesh.

17. Whose line is it anyways is very funny.

18. Sun feels good on a bare face.

19. Mascara should always stay on your eyelashes and never on your eyelid or check (unless planning on playing football) (then paint under eye above cheek)

20. When in study mode (trying to learn Spanish)(especially Sunday nights at Paaschs) and are trying to take a break and socialize make sure you have a bilingual translator (this means English, Spanish, and gibberish since that is all that comes out)

21. I laugh way to easy...but only at things I think our funny

22. Junior highers don't act that much younger then some people my age...and are much more willing to play without worying about looking cool.

23. The gospel is the most important thing to remember....especially when you can't remember anything else. If anyone ask just answer any question with the Bible. Believe me this will start a conversation...

24. Blow drying your hair early in the morning wakes people up (but if you point it at the mirror it will defog it from the shower)

25. You have to pretend to be professional when working at a bank. (This works well for all art and theater majors)(then after hours it is back to jeans and washing makeup from face)

26. I love to communicate, I actually really like to write as well.


27. Laughing is one of my favorite things to do.....ever. "For I so dearly love to laugh." Good line from a really good movie.

28. If you don't know who Jesus is you should. And let me be the one to give you a short explanation as to why. God created everything that ever did and will exist. He made man with a choice to obey or sin and given that choice we chose death. God did not kill us though we deserved death but He allowed man to live and set up a system of rules to follow knowing we were of ourselves incapable of perfection. He then made the ultimate sacrifice by sending His Son Jesus Christ in order that he would take the wrath of our sin upon himself. He was born of virgin, God the son, and lived a perfect life so that his bloodshed would cover the punishment for our sins so that we could spend eternity in heaven with him. And what do we have to do? We simply cry out to God, confess our sins, believe in His son and follow His word, the Bible. So if for some reason you have never heard this, you have now. Consider the choice. Where would you like to spend eternity?


Why would I put something like this? Because I don't say it enough, I don't share it enough, I have not passion enough or love enough. Because everyone should know because we will find out when we die. Because I should always remember my first priority is to my God and my Savior and everything else should fall short. I say it so that it rolls off my lips to present people with the truth, with love, with something that fills the emptiness. And because of the call.

Tonight I read such an amazing quote. It reminded me of such a great truth and sent goosebumps up and down my spine. It reminded me of my weakness and my sin and my zeal though it remains lacking compared to what it should. It made me want to burst forth with passion and joy and give none of it to anything else besides my Lord and Savior. It basically told of how often in churches people become to busy working in the church and serving to share. Important....Yes. Not if it cost sharing. The people who serve should be excited to share. Often though I agree it is very true. Life is crazy.

This list wil be ongoing but I guess that is all. Except that I have also realized how I respond in two different type of social situations. The first would be smaller social venues. It is very easy for me to be friends though my approach is different then in larger situations. I tend to be very social but how I get to know everyone varies by circumstance. When there is only a small amount of people I usually make friends faster as I am huge on attempting to maintain relationships. In larger groups it takes me longer and not just because of the numbers. I find that in swing dancing for instance I already know everyone so it is very easy for me to reach out to someone new. In church...that depends. In areas I am new or don't feel I know lots of people well I may spend my time trying to maintain the relationships I have as this can be nearly impossible. I then add one person every now and again. This is more because I am barly maintaning the relationships I already have and since I put a high value on the quality vs. quantity it may take me awhile to get around to everyone. (not that I don't say hi and act friendly, but I may try to plug them into another group or drag them around to meet others while keeping up with them at the same time). There are also times I may be part of a group that is new to me or I am new to them.

Then there are some that I do focus attention on. This becomes an adding to the circle as it is much more difficult to maintain female relationships then male. Females take a ton more time...we are relational and in order to be friends and feel that way it is a lot more work. Guys...just easier. Maybe that is why I have always had more guy friends then girls. Basically we are all social differently and even though it may not appear as such we have our different methods of doing the same thing. I am learning this more and more as I try and hold on to all the different friendships I have in the many circles. I litterally can not possibly keep up with them all so then it becomes a matter of prority. That's all I learned this week that I remember.


And I am out of my time limit so I need to go spend some time with the Lord so that I can make it through another day. Ok if you don't know how a multi-tasking brain works just consider this blog. And I was probably thinking of ten other things while writting this.

7 comments:

The Paasch-inator said...

You are insane and hilarious and I love you... HEATHER TESTA!!!! I love your points. I think you've shared a couple of them with me... ;) Your life is pretty crazy right now... trust in the Lord. ;)

So... do I get to spell check this one? (hint hint) Much love, girl. Keep living crazy mad for Him.

~ ME!

The Paasch-inator said...

And I like your Gospel presentation.
Lots and lots and lots. ;)

The Paasch-inator said...

One last thing... I seriously love your profile. I think that's the first time I've read it... or did you change it??? I really don't know. Anyways, good things. I think I like who Heather is. (!)

Heather said...

Hannah,
Glad you enjoyed. I have not changed my profile or read it in awhile so I don't remember what it says. Feel free to spell check I am too tired. I think I need to keep adding to this blog...

2?. When you are really tired you tend to accidently ignore everyone not directly in your conversation...or maybe you forget how to multitask.

So anyone feeling ignored...not intentional. Oh, and if I don't call...also not intentially. My brain feels like goo. I hit giddy and histerical laughing by about 4pm everyday so I can not be held responsible for anything else.

What else. Wow I am tired and everthing becomes something to focus on. I think at staff at stared at the lights, the floor, and anything that walked by- at least before it began.

Oh and I had the most awesome opportunity to share the gospel with two of my co-workers today but that will be for another blog because I am about ready to pass out. Good night.

Brent Klontz said...

I loved this blog Heather. I wanted to comment on like every one of your points. But I guess the only one that I will comment on is the one about having to take 5 minutes to go to the bathroom. . . very funny! I am so glad I'm not a girl. Though a tie is not very fun to wear, nylons and high heals are much worse I'm sure! Thanks for the laughs.

The Paasch-inator said...

You all are incredibly funny. However, I think I need to teach both Heather AND Brent how to SPELL. ;) (Love you both.) Anyways, Heather, you crack me up, girl... I love how we can have fun together in the little things that don't (in the world's economy, anyway) matter much. ;) Like I said (to use a Heather phrase!!!) -keep living crazy mad for Him.
I love you girl.
~ The Paasch-inator

Brent Klontz said...

Hay Hanna, Huked onn fonics wurked fer mee!

Actually, I re-read my comment and couldn't find my spelling errors. What did I not spell correctly?