After a great discussion last night there are some things about Christians I have concluded. I sat and watched a part of a Piper series with Cathy and after some reflection realized there is just so much missing. The idea of our lives and our joy being captured by Christ and through experiencing Him not just thinking about Him struck me. It is easy for me to think about Him but getting my heart and physical response to lined up seems to be a bit more difficult.
Capture my heart right now Father and may it belong to You. May I thirst for your affections and desire Your presence more then the replacements I so long for. I am needed to take a step back and think about who You are. We fall in love with people so easily and that requires deep affection and our attention but why then is studying You so difficult? Your love requires our life and yet You are the one who has given it to us. Cause me Lord to see You and You alone and may I daily fall more and more in love with You. Father, may I be captivated by You.
I am in a forward motion. Things are changing and I pray for the better. I watch people fall in love and I see and hear the things my heart loves. Father, I need You to be more and I need You to help me battle this daily. There are few people truely in my life who live completly in awe of You. They are blessings and true examples. I regret that my life can slip in and out of deep affection. This worries me at times because somewhere between my heart and head there is a disconnect. I see the lives of the believers around me and Lord I can pick out less then a handful of those who are truely, madly, passionate involved with You. I see their joy and their spirit and their motives and desire the same. Love however does not come without work and I need Your help to be self-disciplined enough to find You there and seek You just as the deer pants for water may I cry out for You. Be my joy be my all be my love, my heartbeat, the pulse in my veins the words in my head and most of all Father my treasure.
I feel as though the ratio is off and maybe we all need to kill the other things that chase and beg for our time. I see lives that appear to love You and live for You but being consumed and captivated by You they lack. They seem to have a constant shift in their foot from being heavier in the world then in Your presence. May I know that. May I thirst for Your word Father and Your presence. Practically I need Your help. I need You to give me what I need to put these into actions. I don't want to be a head Christian but a heart one.
Importance of the word.
January 15th, 2010
Just going to look up verses because I am lacking totally and completely a desire to be in the Word. It takes prayer and discipline and so I am just going to begin with topical searches and prayer and beg God to help me need and deeply long for His presence and His word. The difficult part begins now…
Dt. 8:2-3
And you shall remember the whole way that the Lord your God has led you these forty years in the wilderness, that he might humble you, testing you to know what was in your heart, wheather you would keep His commandments or not. And he humbled you and let you hunger and fed you with manna, which you did not know, nor did your fathers know, that He might make youknow that man does not live by bread alone, but man lives by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Wow…I may have just figured out a direction and some of the whys I have been asking. What a funny beginning to something I really need to learn. I have been begging and crying out to God for many things lately but this might be and “accidental” yet exact leading of what God is needing me to see. So, it looks like I now know what I will be studying and crazy how much this says right now and what volumes this speaks to why I have to continually deal with specific circumstance…this is just the beginning of the reasons why and this will answer the what God wants from me as well.
There are many reasons God led Israel through the desert but much of it was learning, trust and humbleness. He says they were being tested and though He knew the way they were not ready to get to the promise. They were to wander so He could test their hearts, be humbled and know we live by not ony bread but by God’s word. Last night Cathy brought up a great point about the Word as well…it is LIVING. Think about what living word means…there is much to read and pray about but what a great and exacting spot for me to begin. Father, bless now my time with You and make it a place I don’t want to leave. Teach me know exactly what You need me to know and understand and may Your Spirit be alive and make it clear so I have understanding in it. Thank You so much for such a quickly answered pray. Step 1 begins…
No comments:
Post a Comment