It whips about my windows causing my curtains to shift gracefully back and forth. It dances to a crazy sound outside nearly unheard of in Arizona. The rush, the howling, the pitch and leaves blowing makes the outside seem to lash out on everything about it. I am trapped but only temporarily and so I sit here and dream. I want to see to feel and hear and experience each and every second of life including this wind. I turn the lights low and lay in my bed leaning closer to the window to be part of something bigger then myself. The door slams and I shudder but am filled with a strange excitement.
Stirred up my thoughts are and a tornado warning fills the news and facebook pages. I am definitely not in Kansas but I lay here in awe with my cat Tom. Tomcat I feel is a pretty good companion and very low maintenance. He can have my heart or at least my love and I trust this guy. Sweet and gentle and thankful I am for the company as my eyes press inward to see more. I am growing strangely tired but there is much yet to do before tucking in this evening. I have 10 miles of running to accomplish but this storm is too much to pass by. I will just lay here and listen.
There is prayer to be made and a discussion with the God who makes the wind and weather. He is so great and mighty and we see not even a glimpse of that amidst the angry wind. Angry wind it seems but angry it is not to me. Desperate to live, desperate to feel, I want it. I run out into it's furry and it rages all about me. It is beauty in the rawest form. It is power and controlled by my God who has everything in His hands. I melt in it and curl beneath it. Tonight...I will just experience it all. Breathe it, smell it, taste it, hear it, and feel it.
No comments:
Post a Comment