So, interesting evening. Flexible. I can do that. Well, most of the time anyway. Tonights big plans: running the hills and a long movie. Tonights actual events: spent only a few minutes running and the rest of the time looking for keys. Gods plan...still perfect.
What started off as a nice night for training became slightly more complicated. I am wondering at this point exactly what God's plan is but enjoying the humor in it slightly. Today, I was sitting at Liberty and reading through a list that is supposed to help me with my support letters for a mission trip this summer. I sat there at the table and realized that I have fallen so short in my own country. I used to be so much more zelouse in finding ways to share the gospel but as I sat there trying to think of names to send the letters to I was convicted.
I prayed for God to allow more unbelievers in my life. When I was trying to prepare a draft for the type of letter God would have me send and was struck that I would not have unbelievers to share it with. I have my team at work. Outside of that who am I pursuing that is not a believer? When did my life become so void and filled with only friends from various churches? Who am I going to bring light and life to if everyone I spend my time with already knows God? I have lost my time with the non church crowd and that is not OK. So, I prayed this afternoon that besides family who may not believe that God would allow me some activities where I get to be involved with people who do no yet know Him. I specifically prayed about running or dancing just because those are things I love to do anyway and would like to share my passion along with my minstry as the two should have no distinction.
With the afternoon complete I waited for night to fall because that is my favorite time to run. I have some serious work to do before my next marathon included some interval training and I have a favorite place to run hills at. I slipped my car key off the ring and put it in my iPod carrier. I placed my jacket over my purse and always run with my cellphone but this evening decided I was close enough to the car that I would not need to do so. I jumped out of the car and made sure all the new running gadgets were properly attatched and off I went. Next up...the hills. I ran up and down from one side to the other and was just getting a pattern down when for some strange reason it suddenly dawned on me: if my iPod was bouncing up and down on my arm as I ran I wonder what my key was doing. At that moment I knew I had a problem on my hands.
I am not great a beig very perceptive of my surroundings and knew this was going to be a problem. I am very internally focused and so at this point knew generalized areas I had been running across but it was very dark out. I approached a man who appeared to be grilling dinner for his wife and children. I was searching for a flashlight and no luck. However, the guy was nice enough to lend me his cellphone which had a very bright light on it. I combed the areas I thought I had run and found nothing but some candy wrappers, cans, and glass. Next step: call one of the four numbers I have memorized since cellphone is locked in car instead of attached to my hip (I am supprised I did not suffer from an anxiety attack from the sepparation :) I called my Father...that did not go so well. Next number was home and my grandfather came out to get me...more or less.
Upon arrival they passed me at the light and so I had to chase the car. The nice lady whose husbands phone I had borrowed called them to let them know I was running after the car because they were going much faster then I can run. They stopped and me and my grandfather combed most of the area in search of the missing key. No luck. He then tried to bribe God which I told Him was not how God worked. We had many brief conversations about this. At that moment I was glad we did not find the key because I did not want Him to think God was bribable. Then, they asked me what to do and I said just take me home while I think.
On the way home my grandmother recieved a text on her phone. While waiting and chatting with the nice couple I had met I had explained the situation. Especially because the guy was trusting me to go roam the part with a very expensive looking cellphone. I told the couple I was out running hills to try and prepare for a marathon and I had lost my key. They asked me about a very specific race. I had never tried it or heard of said race before but was glad to chat with them either way. Then, apparently when my grandparents were searching for me they had called the cellphone back. The couple now has three of my phone numbers. The text I recieved was an invite to run with their stepfathers team in a very specific event. I gave the couple my email address and already have something from them in my inbox.
I am excited at the possibility of this situation and know God has many purposes in what He does. I am uncertain but will believe this may be part of the plan. How fast does God answer prayers and in what ways? I am very excited to be a part of what God does and hopes this becomes an opportunity for me to share. I met a very nice couple and now am getting plugged it. So, each second of this day somehow is perfectly fitting to what God wants it to be. Do I understand it all...not so much but I trust it.
And about that key? I wonder what God Your doing with that. Am I supposed to learn something? Not supposed to run there? I did not find the key and Aaron came by and helped me search the grass. My dad showed up as well and with three of us still no luck. However, God has intricate details to each and every part of what He does so OK. Now, early in the morning I am to get up and get another copy made because thankfully He provided. Somehow in the midst of searching with numerous flashlights my grandfather showed up with a spare he found hidden in the house. I am more then ever grateful for this because I had some very valuable stuff locked in the car. I will not complain about the bill because it could have been quit a bit more plus I have to remember it is all God's money and posessions anyways...who can argue what He chooses to do with it? Now, if I could just make my family be nicer...and not a stress case for me. That, is a whole other issue and both just need prayer and thankfulness. Besides...they totally helped me out tonight I just...don't like conflict even though I will deal with it. Father...may my life bring You glory. I know You had tonight planned out and may I rest assured in that. I love You.
Now, I have something very specific to pray about!
No comments:
Post a Comment