Today is such a blessing as is each one. It is so difficult to feel blessed and yet at the same time there is so much beauty everywhere. I love each and every little thing and hope to never take the simple for granted. There is something to be said for approaching the world with a childlike awe...may I keep that even when all else fails.
My thoughts are scattered...but that is because I am a girl. I am even thankful for that. I love smells and colors, lotions and perfumes, shampoos, glitter, heels and earrings.
The light brown liquid caresses my tongue as the wonderful flavor of my latte slides downward. The oversized hoodie I wear clings to my curves and it's softness makes it ever more desireable. The song being played is sweet to my ears and encouraging and moving to my heart. My skin smells of "P.S. I Love You" and a hint of "Alabster" perfume. The soft curls loop and dangle about my face and linger alongside my earings. A bubble bath is calling my name and ready to warm me quickly. A naptime is nearing and my plans for the week are quickly filling up the times of the calender. Today is Saturday and for each and every detail of it, I am ever greatful.
There is more to say and more to do. My heart is overflowing with the beautiful overwhelmingness that life brings. My pillow calls my name and the night will remain calming. There is something to be said for the quiet and alone times. I would not change God's plans even if I wanted. I want to know them and follow. When things are right and plans are made for me, nothing can thwart them. Be my lead Father, and lead me to You. Thank You for holding me and being in charge because left to my own it would all lead in disaster. There are chills and tingles in my heart. You...are....the Beautiful!
Something Beautiful
by Needtobreathe
In your ocean, I'm ankle deep
I feel the waves crashin' on my feet
It's like I know where I need to be
But I can't figure out, yeah I can't figure out
Just how much air I will need to breathe
When your tide rushes over me
There's only one way to figure out
Will ya let me drown, will ya let me drown
Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful
And the water is risin' quick
And for years I was scared of it
We can't be sure when it will subside
So I won't leave your side, no I can't leave your side
Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful
In a daydream, I couldn't live like this
I wouldn't stop until I found something beautiful
When I wake up, I know I will have
No, I still won't have what I need
Hey now, this is my desire
Consume me like a fire, 'cause I just want something beautiful
To touch me, I know that I'm in reach
'Cause I am down on my knees, I'm waiting for something beautiful
Oh, something beautiful (fade out)
No comments:
Post a Comment